Monday, April 30, 2012

Extra Extra! Read all about..... Moi!

So, I'm a little chuffed and a lot flattered to be this month's 'Designer in the Spotlight' on Madeit. A little over a year ago I tiptoed my first piece onto the Madeit site... there seemed to be a lot of (seriously talented) competition on there and I had fairly low expectations about how I'd go. Why would anyone buy from ME when they could get something so much more amazing from someone ELSE? But for some unknown reason I hit the ground running. And I discovered that the more you give, the more you receive. The team at Madeit could not have been more supportive of my little business over those first few scary months. Over time, my confidence grew and I felt at home on Madeit; there really is no Australian online handmade market like it.

Every month I look forward to the designer spotlight. I excitedly soak up the experience and advice of fellow artisans and love to see the person behind the product. My secret goal was to be profiled. At some point. One day.

And then I was asked.

Folks, I don't have all the answers. Every day I'm learning. Growing. Building what was a hobby and is now my full time job. But I share with you all I know. And hopefully I can help or inspire one person the way some of your helped and inspired me.

Read my interview here. And thanks to every single one of you who helped me get here. You rock.


10 comments:

  1. I am so so proud of you and your BEAUTIFUL interview....and mission accomplished oh fabulous artist of handmade creations as you have inspired me time and time and time again....you are a mentor (and a damn good one at that!)
    I really enjoyed your interview...in fact I had goosebumps and when I grow up, I hope this little red elephant can grow up to be just like you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done Nicole! You're amazing! I think your work is absolutely beautiful and you so deserve the recognition for it. Your journey and your little business is so inspiring. Congratulations xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Very, very well deserved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your interview was so refreshing and could relate to so much of it! Quick question; we are thinking of moving to the Central Coast. Which area are you in? Being from London I have NO idea, any suggestions welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You superstar you! Well done Nicole, you should be mighty proud of your efforts... certainly not bad for a full-time Mum of two, I don't know how you do it!!! S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful news, Nicole. I'm off to read your interview! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great news!! Congrats on the feature you clever girl. So happy to see your little business growing and growing. You should be so proud of yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Nicole!! You totally rock xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello - oh write me a little note - do! do! Your comments really brighten my day and its nice to know Im not alone out there in cyber space ! x